During this week, in the first hour of Tuesday with 603 I applied an evaluation. It covered topics as daily routine, present simple and physical appearance. Where the results were not as I expected. Only eight passed the exam of thirty-seven students. In the second hour, I introduced the topic of family members for which I use a video. The class was going very well until one student lost her pen. I started to persuade them so that freely who had found a pen that was not her or had taken by mistake to deliver but not worked. So, I decided that the girl who lost the pen will pass through the desks to review. But this unleashed the chaos because two students ended up using rude words, so the cooperator teacher had to intervene calling attention and making a notation in the observer to these students.
For the next day, students will bring the homework on page 11 of the workbook that was related to family members. We socialize the answers. Then I delivered a photocopy with different exercises where students will put in practice the vocabulary learned.
With 701 we carried out a reading that included the use of the simple past. This reading was about the experience of a girl named Melissa who visited Barranquilla. Then, the students answered some questions related to the text. Students were divided into groups so that in the next class they exposed about a city taking into account aspects such as food, festivals, weather, clothing and the most representative places of this city. This activity left me surprised and proud of the skills of my students. Many of them had mistakes in pronunciation. However I saw their motivation, they investigated and did the best.
laurita don't get bored because of student's failures. I also did my best to teach students the simple past during almost 2 months but in the end, just one students out of 42 passed the final examen. In the beginning, I was sad but later I remember that at least just student passed the exam. So, this student's triumph motivated me to keep going.
ResponderEliminaron the other hand, it is a pity that because of losing pen the whole class become a mess. Maybe in another opportunity you should continue with your class until the class is over; then, you will tell them that no one will be allowed to go out until the pen appears.