The first hour with 603 was missed because it was Tuesday of test. In the next hour, I start checking the homework "word search" about family members. While I reviewed, the students had to develop in their notebook an informative chart about four members of their family taking into account vocabulary of physical appearance. The next day I began the class carried out the hangman game to review the spelling of certain words related to family members. This activity reinforces the alphabet and vocabulary. Then I present my family tree and make a short description keeping in mind the name of my family and age, in order students follow this model to make their own family tree.
With 701 an exam was carried out on the past simple in its three forms affirmative, negative and interrogative. In the end, I did the feedback of the answers. For the next class, I delivered the results and explain what students will do to make-up the exam. Then, in order to reinforce this topic students listened to two audios. The first audio about five short biographies of famous people which students identified the regular, irregular verbs and match the information with the corresponding picture. For the second exercise, they had to complete information according to the audio and answer some questions. In this part, there was a bit of indiscipline because a girl answered me it is already made in the book. This is because the books given by the Ministry are shared and at the end of the year are returned and some students write about it. To which I had to answer that the exercise was already solved in the book but I cared that she did it and learned.
Hi, I think that we should have a plan b when we use the book. It is a really good tool but majority of students don't enjoy this kind of material. I think that your studetns knew that all the exercise was already done but they wanted to waste time, for that reason you should adapt exercises according to the topic but you shouldn't use the same exercises, also they sometimes are descontextualized, I mean books are full of foreign culture, in my case I try to give classes with topics that my students really enjoy, such music, social media and so on, the majority of time with Colombian people. It could works fou! :)
ResponderEliminar