sábado, 13 de julio de 2019

Journal 7

It was hard to get back to the routine after vacation especially when the students arrive more talkative than normal. However, with 603 it was very good to have started asking how they did, what they did on vacation because it's something than like and excited them to talk about. After this, we socialized a task to close the topic of body parts to which the students were very participative. Then in the second hour after recess, I used a video to explain the parts of the house in relation to the furniture within this. In general, it was not complicated for them to understand because some students knew the vocabulary. Also, the images in the video helped in the process of associating new words.

The same day I had an hour with 701, I implemented questions about the holidays. So students would do in pairs and speak about it. But it didn't really work out in the way I expected. While they talk with their classmates, no one was quiet, but when they had to go in front of the class they didn't feel so confident to say it in English. 


The next two hours I continue with module 3 that make emphasis on the care of the environment. So I use a video about water pollution in order to students identify the causes and consequences of this environmental problem. And finally, students listen and sing a song about the importance of water. This song would charm them in addition to raising awareness of saving water.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Laurita, I really like the way you use English to make your students communicate but also to raise awareness of the problems that are affecting humanity daily.

    ResponderEliminar